January 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Dee-Ann

A few weeks ago my dear friend Dee-Ann celebrated her birthday. Unfortunately I could not attend her surprise party, so I wanted to tribute this Top-10 List in her honor (for those of you who know her, she is a big fan of these lists):

10. She taught me to believe in CARMA...what goes around, comes around!
9. She is my husband's HOCKEY BUDDY. If there is a Calgary Flames game on, the two of them can be found hovering in front of the TV as if they were in the players box.
8. She has taught me to to appreciate GAMES. She is a big fan of many games: The Price is Right, Scrabble, Plinko, Guitar Hero, Deal or No Deal...just to name a few.
7. She is willing to talk to anyone about anything and she sympathizes with you ;she has the most KIND-HEART!
6. She is an amazing PHOTOGRAPHER! She has taught me so much about photography and I am always able to bounce ideas off of her. We even have a photography prop bag we share.
5. I am so appreciative that she & her family WILL come to visit us in Oxbow when we move.
4. She is the WISEST Mom I know. She is very well-versed in the art of baby cuddling and not too often do you find a baby she cannot calm. She has been there for us during the pregnancy, birth of both our children and we are so thankful for her help and being there to talk to.
3. She is a TRENDSETTER with great taste...Lululemon, Starbucks Mistos, Rock & Republic jeans...thanks for getting me started on all these cool things.
2. She is my CRAFTING SOUL-MATE. We can often be found crafting together until 3am...much to the discontent of our husbands.
1. She is the the best NEIGHBOUR turned FRIEND I've ever had. I miss our walks at the end of the day (to go get slurpees) and unexpected visits. Even thought we don't live next door to each other anymore, we do a great job at keeping close. I'm so thankful to have such a CLOSE friend.

Happy BELATED Birthday Dee! You are one of the most wonderful people in my world...I am so thankful to have you as a FRIEND!

3 comments:

Dee- said...

aww thanks Starr! Very sweet of you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with most of this more. Most onl because crafting and taking photos are not something I do very well, but she is great.