September 26, 2006

Butterflies

My dear husband and best friend Kim were in cahoots together to surprise me on Monday night. I had thought that Cory was going out for the evening, when Kim surprised me with tickets to the Mariah Carey concert! She had everything planned for our girls night so that we could just go out and have fun. Cory watched the kids and off we went.

The concert was great, a little bit of old-school and new music combined, we sat 7th row on the floor. And to top it all off, the theme of the concert was butterflies....which is Kim's connection to her Mom who passed away earlier this year. Every time she sees a butterfly, she thinks of her Mom and knows her Mom is with her...it's a very special connection! At the end of the concert, millions of metallic pink & purple butterflies rained down on the crowd...we looked at each other in awwwh and couldn't believe it because of Kim's butterfly connection. So to say the least, I had an amazing time! I'm so blessed to have such a thoughtful friend, thanks Kim!



1 comment:

The Macdonald Family said...

What a wonderful thing that was for you and Kim. Sounded amazing.