January 31, 2008
January 30, 2008
This was the first time I used the new Chunky Glitter & Sticky Cuts Letters from Stampin' Up!...they go hand-in-hand. The Sticky Cuts Letters come in 12 x 12 sheets, all you do is choose your letter and take it off the sheet. Adhere it to your project (it has a sticky back) and then pull off the clear red plastic to expose the top sticky side (just like sticky strip). Then pour on glitter, beads, or chunky glitter like I used, and tap off the excess. It's heavy duty stuff with no need for a heat tool!
January 28, 2008
January 22, 2008
Recipe (all products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Embrace Life
Ink: Versamark, Tempting Turquoise ink refill
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Only Orange cardstock; Bali Breeze patterned paper
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Crystal Effects, Black Embossing Powder, Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, Eastern Elegance rub-ons, Aquapainter
January 16, 2008
This word sums up our whole year ahead. We'll be focusing on...Building our future in Oxbow, Building our dream home, Building relationships with family & friends, Building a healthy body, I want to Build my stamping/scrapbooking/photography career into more of a business, Build a nurturing environment for our children, and continue to Build a balanced life.
I'll be making a collage to keep on our bulletin board; throughout the year I'll be adding to it with magazine clippings, inspirational quotes and photos to keep us focused & inspired if we ever stray from our goal. I was so impressed that my husband was on-board to do this with me, we choose the word together for our year and committed to it as a team.
If you have a word of the year, I'd love to hear it...please leave a comment with your word of the year.
January 14, 2008
January 08, 2008
10. She taught me to believe in CARMA...what goes around, comes around!
9. She is my husband's HOCKEY BUDDY. If there is a Calgary Flames game on, the two of them can be found hovering in front of the TV as if they were in the players box.
8. She has taught me to to appreciate GAMES. She is a big fan of many games: The Price is Right, Scrabble, Plinko, Guitar Hero, Deal or No Deal...just to name a few.
7. She is willing to talk to anyone about anything and she sympathizes with you ;she has the most KIND-HEART!
6. She is an amazing PHOTOGRAPHER! She has taught me so much about photography and I am always able to bounce ideas off of her. We even have a photography prop bag we share.
5. I am so appreciative that she & her family WILL come to visit us in Oxbow when we move.
4. She is the WISEST Mom I know. She is very well-versed in the art of baby cuddling and not too often do you find a baby she cannot calm. She has been there for us during the pregnancy, birth of both our children and we are so thankful for her help and being there to talk to.
3. She is a TRENDSETTER with great taste...Lululemon, Starbucks Mistos, Rock & Republic jeans...thanks for getting me started on all these cool things.
2. She is my CRAFTING SOUL-MATE. We can often be found crafting together until 3am...much to the discontent of our husbands.
1. She is the the best NEIGHBOUR turned FRIEND I've ever had. I miss our walks at the end of the day (to go get slurpees) and unexpected visits. Even thought we don't live next door to each other anymore, we do a great job at keeping close. I'm so thankful to have such a CLOSE friend.
Happy BELATED Birthday Dee! You are one of the most wonderful people in my world...I am so thankful to have you as a FRIEND!
January 07, 2008
Ok, so I am sure if you are reading this, you are thinking that we are TOTALLY crazy...and the answer is yes, we are crazy. We know that living in an RV with two little ones will be an adventure. And I am sure that we will have a bit of cuture shock...moving from a city of 1 million to a town of 2000...but I've lived there before and it was a GREAT place to grow up! I am stoked to be close to family after living far from the for eleven and a half years. The kids are especially excited to be around their cousins Kyra & Kelby! Cory can hardly wait to get started on our new home.
We will miss Cory's family and my sister Amber who we've grown very close to over the years. And we will be sad to leave such wonderful friends we've made in Calgary, but hope to keep in close touch and visit often. I love that communication is so easy, and possibilities so endless...it will make the transition much easier on us. We're so excited about our decision and overwhelmed also with how everything is going to turn out. It really is the opportunity of a life-time for us, thanks for listening.
Happy new owners of our lot
Our new street
Our new street...in the winter
The big tree...frosty
Our new home we proudly designed
It's official, we have a box number
January 03, 2008
Photo taken East of Oxbow on the Forsyth farm during the holidays...it was absolutely beautiful throughout the town with all the frost.
January 02, 2008
The Daddies playing with the little ones
Ace and their puppy
Nicolas with his Canada Day beach ball
Cory on the BBQ
Cindy & baby Payton
Lian with baby Payton
Canada Day cupcakes...
...the kids loved them
Canada Day cake...
...made by Lian
Jocelyn & Cari both made delicious desserts too
The kids watching fireworks
Thank you for the wonderful party Michelle & Cory!