January 22, 2008

Technique Tuesday: Coloring Pearls

Ever since I bought the Pretties Kit from Stampin' Up!, I have thought it was pretty, but haven't known what to do with it??? The kit comes with an assortment of un-colored items (the idea is that you can color the items to coordinate with your project)...fabric flowers, pearls, beads, crystal brads, etc. So I had heard that you can color the pearls using a mixture of Crystal Effects and a dot of ink from a Re-inker...I tried it and was very impressed with the result as you can see in my card above.

Recipe (all products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Embrace Life
Ink: Versamark, Tempting Turquoise ink refill
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Only Orange cardstock; Bali Breeze patterned paper
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Crystal Effects, Black Embossing Powder, Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, Eastern Elegance rub-ons, Aquapainter

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very pretty Starr!

Tip Junkie said...

Beautiful!! You have an award waiting for you over on my blog for your Word for 2008. Congratulations!!