January 07, 2008

It's Official, We're Moving!

This is something that's been on my mind for months & months...and now, without further delay, it is time to let you all in on some BIG news (if you haven't already heard). We have decided to move our family back to my hometown of Oxbow, Saskatchewan. My husband Cory was the one who first suggested it and after much deliberation...we have settled into enthusiastic acceptance of our family adventure!

We have purchased a beautiful lot there (just a few blocks from my parents home, where I grew up) and will begin construction of our home this spring. It's always been a DREAM for Cory & I to design our own home...this is what we lay awake in bed talking about at night. So in October we met with an architect and designed a plan from scratch. It took a few months and we are very pleased with our finished design. Like I said, we'll start construction in April and will be living in our RV during the process. Cory will be taking a year off to build it himself and I am going to be his helper.

Ok, so I am sure if you are reading this, you are thinking that we are TOTALLY crazy...and the answer is yes, we are crazy. We know that living in an RV with two little ones will be an adventure. And I am sure that we will have a bit of cuture shock...moving from a city of 1 million to a town of 2000...but I've lived there before and it was a GREAT place to grow up! I am stoked to be close to family after living far from the for eleven and a half years. The kids are especially excited to be around their cousins Kyra & Kelby! Cory can hardly wait to get started on our new home.



We will miss Cory's family and my sister Amber who we've grown very close to over the years. And we will be sad to leave such wonderful friends we've made in Calgary, but hope to keep in close touch and visit often. I love that communication is so easy, and possibilities so endless...it will make the transition much easier on us. We're so excited about our decision and overwhelmed also with how everything is going to turn out. It really is the opportunity of a life-time for us, thanks for listening.

Our lot in Oxbow
Unfortunately this beautiful tree has to be removed

Happy new owners of our lot

Our new street

Our new street...in the winter

The big tree...frosty

Our new home we proudly designed

It's official, we have a box number

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Your lot looks beautiful and your house is going to be wonderful - I can't wait to see photos! Are you sure you can't keep that tree??

Michelle said...

Congrats Starr - good luck on your new adventure - it will be fun!

Nancy said...

Congratulations Starr! What an exciting time for you!

When do you leave (sniff sniff)??

CrYsTaL said...

Congrats Starr. You had already mentioned it, but it will be very exciting! Your house design looks beautiful.

InspiredByInk said...

OMG... congrats STARR!!! woo hoo! I am SO happy for you AND SO excited for you too. I am VERY envious and will hopefully get to live 'vicariously' thru your blog posts for the next year or so! We've wanted to do exactly what you are doing, but finding land here in Indiana at a decent price w/adult trees is practically unheard of!

Anywho... don't worry about the whole RV thing... it's only a year and you can do it. I know my in laws built their house (an octagon shaped one that my MIL came up with and ppl where telling her she couldn't do it) and they lived in a double wide trailer for the duration. I believe my hubby CRIED when they had to move from the trailer... kinda scary if you think about it lol.

Congrats again and you are in for a WILD ride, but the outcome of having the perfect home in the perfect place is MORE than WORTH it all!

Woohoo, and YES I DO need to get out more lol.

Bobbie *Ü*

Meg and Darren said...

I'll miss you Starr! Especially just as I"m on Mat leave now! What will happen to our card classes?? But that's all selfish, really, i"m glad for you, and it sounds like a dream house with a dream family and we couldn't be happier for you! all the best in Oxbow!

Alli Miles said...

Congrats to you! Your house looks like a dream!!!!

Unknown said...

Starr that is wonderful news! Congratulations, the lot is gorgeous and building your dream house is just awesome. All the best to you and Corey and the kids. Maybe on one of our treks to Regina we will pop in for a visit. Let's keep in touch. Tamara