January 08, 2007

2007 Here We Come!

Well, I'm finally caught up on the laundry and have restocked the fridge after throwing out all the spoiled food from our Christmas Holidays. It feels great to start off this year with a bit of organization around the house...a week late, I know.

Here's a list of my 2007 Resolutions:
1. Don't be on time, be early! I am perpetually late. Really late. I had issues with this before I had kids and it's gotten progressively worse with each one. I'm always doing so much that I hate the thought of sitting somewhere 15 minutes early - it's a waste of time! But, I hate the stress I feel when I'm running late even more.

2. Simplify life. I'm going to continue to find ways to simplify my life. Not every card needs to be handmade, not every layout needs to be a groundbreaking. It's ok.

3. Focus. I'm going to focus on the things that matter most and lessen my responsibilities for other things. This one is tough, because I truly enjoy everything that I do, but I've been running in too many directions for too long now. My family & friends and our business are my priorities and just about everything I do needs to contribute to one of those things - there just aren't enough hours in the day.

4. Exercise. A realistic goal for this one, for me, is to engage in physical activity 3 times a week. I have to face the fact that I can't make it to the gym like I used to. I have to be happy with taking the kids for a walk or doing pilates at home. I think my new iPod will help out with this one.

5. Eat a balanced diet. This one goes with #4. I find that I have a hard time committing to both exercising AND eating right, one is always lacking. So this is something I really have to work on, and to set a good example for my kids in this respect. I'm not going crazy and cutting out chocolate or anything, but just making better choices about what I eat.

6. Remember birthdays. This one really bothers me, and it's tough. It's such a simple thing, but with so much going on it's hard to remember to acknowledge my friends' special days. I'm going to work on this this year and I found a GREAT digi product to help me do it. Is that not the cutest? She even includes printable files to print 2 on a page quickly - LOVE that attention to detail.

7. Learn to make great coffee. I have a feeling I'll have to work at Starbucks for this one, which would be fun. But I have this great Starbucks Barista which I thought would just automatically make great coffee, but no, I'm going to need to work on it.

8. Create. This relates to my scrapbooking, card making and crafting. Last year I did really well with getting my ideas down on paper, and this is the year that I'd like to actually make them happen. It will be nice to have instant gratification with this one.

Now it's time to get ready for our sweet little girl to turn ONE. Yes, one already on Friday, Scarlett's first year went super fast!

No comments: