January 29, 2007

Let the Brewing Begin!

This past weekend I began my coffee brewing test in the quest to learn how to brew a good cup of coffee! My friend Jenny lent out her coffee pot to test my husband's theory that our Starbucks Barista coffee maker is the reason our coffee is far from delicious. So I brewed two simultaneous pots of coffee in each machine and came to the conclusion that is isn't the coffee maker...the coffee tasted exactly the same from each! So the good news is I don't have to find another home for my Barista (yeah), but the bad news is that the quest is still on...the next step is to test various coffee beans (grind & freshness). Stay tuned for more on my coffee brewing pursuit. And if anyone out there knows any tricks, please post.

5 comments:

Jenny Hill said...

I love it Starr! Glad to hear your coffee maker is not the issue. The other thing to think about is the cream - I am pretty sure that Tim Hortons uses Coffee Cream - 18%, where as if you buy half and half in the grocery store - it is only 10%.

Kim said...

Hmmm...I love Kicking Horse coffee...it is so good. Freshly ground beans helps as well ! Do you have a grinder ?

Anonymous said...

Hey Starr, try it with freshly ground beans and fresh, cold water, not from the tap. I can't recall if you have a water cooler...

Anonymous said...

Try the water.

Then try the beans. You dont have to grind it yourself, but don't hesitate to swing by 2nd cup and grab a half pound of sumatra mandaling, or a good kona.

Ditch the folgers ...

Laura Hit said...

I've been going through the same thing and remembered reading your post, so I went back to make a comment. I went to a baby shower, loved the coffee, so asked what it was. She said it was Seattle's Best Coffee - an organic bean. I just got some and people that have had coffee at my house actually commented on it! I'm enjoying a cup this morning - worth a try! I have found it at Sobey's, but I'm sure its all over. Hope this might help!