March 21, 2007

My Camera



Lately, a few people have been emailing me about the photos I take...I'm so flattered when I get compliments on my photography! I consider myself quite the amature, but have loved photography since I was a kid. My approach is more about capturing the moment than the technical side of photography. I have endless photo albums which often are taken out and looked at when we have friends over to reminisce...that's why I love taking photos.

My camera is a digital Canon Powershot S60 - 5.0 mega pixels (it's actually my second one, since I loved the old one I had which broke). I would suggest buying Canon, I have had really good luck with them...and also purchasing it through Costco - they have the best return policy incase something goes wrong with the camera. I love that it has a rechargeable battery and it uses Compact Flash cards for memory...not so tiny like alot of them these days. It's a great size to fit in my purse and not too small that I loose it.

I try to use my camera to it's full potential. I have self-trained myself by studying my instruction manual and have now found out how to make it work for the photos I want to take. Most of the photo shoots I take are done indoors using natural light during the day from a window...I think that's the real trick to good photos, lighting. I shoot mostly in P mode (program mode) with no flash. I also use the macro button (flower button) when shooting very close to objects.

My dream camera is the Canon Rebel XT Digital SLR...I'm saving up for one and will hopefully have it by summer...or maybe someone will buy it for my 30th birthday in April (hint hint - someone PLEASE tell my husband - silver case model on sale now at Costco for $999; photo below).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starr - Al and I have the Rebel XT SLR and we love it. It is easy to use and gives you so many photography options! If you get it for your birthday, get a UV lense cover - it'll save the expensive lense! The second lense you want to get is a polarizer: sunglasses for your camera - it'll keep the colours beautiful and rich in your outdoor shots. I hope you get one - good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

you don't need one. Your other camera is fine. Listen to your husband, Cory knows best

Anonymous said...

I had a rebel XT SLR for about 2 months and it got stolen. Went back to Ritz determined to get the Reble XTI and walked out with the Sony DSLR-A100K. It has a lot of great features that Cannon does not have and a great price! For example, it has imaging innovations like high-sensitivity shooting with Super SteadyShot in-camera image stabilization. Does your current camera have a sports mode? If you don't have it, the digital SLR cameras have it and it is so useful (specially with little feet running so fast :) I hope I did not overwhem you.