March 19, 2007

Scrapbooking Retreat

This weekend I was lucky enough to slip away for a Scrapbooking Retreat at the Bloomin' Inn B&B. Dispite some obstacles & stress prior to the trip, I had a really great time, completed lots of projects and feel refreshed now that I'm back.


I've had the chance to go there four times now, and for some strange reason, my family ALWAYS gets sick when I go (including me this weekend with a cold/flu). I'm grateful that my husband stays home with our sick little munchkins every time...with a little grumbling...I usually smooth things over by returning with homemade lasanga from the Inn.


If anyone is interested in booking future retreats, the earlier the better. They are booking into 2008 now, that's how popular they are! I currently have booked a block of spaces for two more retreats in 2007 and three in 2008...and am already looking forward to them. Here's a little bit from this trip:

Kim, myself & Darla enjoyed the weekend together.
The scrapbook building has space for approx 30 guests to spread out and craft on their own table. All exteriors of the buildings there have been re-sided with cedar and it looks great!The Scrapbook Cupboard store (located in the scrapbook building) has all the supplies you need to scrap...or if you forget something at home.
The beautiful relaxing view of the mountains near Pincher Creek, Alberta...just breathtaking.
Kim made me feel special by putting rose petals on my comfy bed in the cabin we stayed in...what a sweetie.
A new addition on the main house made room for a little store that houses homemade canned goods, fresh baking & cooler full of beverages (so you don't have to run to town to stock up on diet coke to stay up and craft till 3am).
I could go on an on about this place...I believe everyone needs to get away to relax and enjoy it for themselves...and you don't have to 'scrapbook'!

2 comments:

Laura Hit said...

This place looks awesome - I still have to check it out. Will we get to see anything you worked on the weekend??!!??

Kim said...

Starr, I had so much fun with you ! Its great to see the photos looking so fun ! We dont look half bad for only getting hmm....10 hours of sleep the whole weekend !