February 19, 2009

Project 365 2.19


Painting Diamonds
Today I painted pink diamonds on Scarlett's new bedroom walls; something I've been wanting to do in her room since she was born, just never knew how to start.  With the inspiration of my sister Christa to 'go for it', here's how I did it:
- measured wall height and decided how many rows would evenly work out
- measured wall width and decided how I would achieve the number of diamonds I wanted across the wall (remembering that I wanted diamonds to be more tall than wide)
- made a cardboard template of the diamond, cutting out the centre
- marked out the corners of each diamond (with a pencil) using the template
- using painters tape, marked out each other diamond and gave it the first coat of paint (remove tape while paint is wet)
- let dry overnight
- marked out the remaining diamonds with painters tape and voila...a diamond covered wall!  
I was amazed at how easy it was, planning it out took the longest.  The project took approx. 4 hours.  I used Benjamin Moore paint colors: Ribbon Pink (light) and Strawberry Pink (dark).

1 comment:

Dee- said...

looks awesome Starr!