October 12, 2009

Project 365 10.12

My NEW Studio!
My studio has been a work in progress for many months. I am happy to say that after all the organizing, purging, cleaning and searching for the right storage items...this project is complete! Thank you for being patient for this post, I know a few of you have been waiting. I'm glad to be able to share what I have found to work the best for me in this room. Please let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment, I'd be happy to answer them.

Let me give you the grand tour!
This quote totally suits the room, I think! I placed it on the wall above my Making Memories shelf from Michaels. This shelf holds most of my ribbon & jars of buttons {I love buttons}.
I'm happy to say that my studio is a kid-friendly zone. Ace & Scarlett are at the age now that they understand which tools are Mommy's. They often come in to look at photos on my Macbook.
Corkboard & small bookshelf just as you enter the room. On top of the bookshelf, is where I put all fresh/newly purchased items. The desktop organizer is for papers & the houndstooth basket is for everything else. Below that, a basket of my Marvy Punches & my Library of Memories albums. Cold storage photo boxes on the bottom.
In this corner, I have my punches on the wall hung on bars from Ikea. On top of the rolling drawer unit are 2 SU color caddies (divided by color families), a tray of small punches, courdory buttons & a mini red collander with new ribbons. Next to that are clear box storage for themed products. I have boxes seperated by themes such as: baby girl, baby boy, halloween, fall, winter, Christmas, Starbucks, Photography, etc.
A peek into one of the drawers where I have specific projects separated and ready to go when inspiration strikes.
Workspace table was purchased at Pier 1, I love the storage on each side for my ribbon jars. A few items on top that I can't live without: MM Desktop Carousel, Clip It Up storage, SU self healing mat & OttLite.
The black filing cabinet below my workspace holds 8.5 x 11" cardstock.

Jars separated by ribbon color.
My Happy Place! This cozy spot {often occupied by our dog Piper} makes me smile :) It's where our kids cuddle up while I'm working to look at the mini albums in the basket to the left or they watch a can watch a movie...or I can too. It's where all my favorite scrappy magazines congregate also!
Cube Storage --- this is what was put together this weekend and completed the room. I needed another unit to place my Big Shot & Cricut cutter on. All of the various 'nooks & krannys' are so handy for multiple items. To the right, my favorite calendar.
Another peek inside...
Sparkles drawer & clear embellishment drawer.
This lined up 12 x 12" cardstock delights me! Just an arms reach, no more searching around.

Under my main desk is where scrapbook kits are stored, very handy.
Wall of cabinets, thanks to my husband for installing them for me and building the counter. My favorite part...the 12 foot long countertop!
Pottery Barn chair, well worth spending the $ on a high-quality chair!
TV & DVD player and my diploma sit atop my Library of Memories category drawers. To the right a stack of notebooks I've kept over the years and my 'EASY button'.
Some more ribbon storage, a hand painted bowl for misc stamps, embellishment storage from SH, drawer for mini photos & large photos & my printer at the other end of the countertop.
Another look at this spot.
A few peeks inside the drawers...
Most commonly used items: paper trimmer, all kinds of adhesives, stamp cleaner, sponge daubers, blender pens, eyelet took kit, modge podge, etc.
Chipboard, Stampin Spots & Hodgepodge Hardware mostly fill this one.
Color drawer...well you get it!

I LOVE this room and am so grateful for it! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

7 comments:

Laura said...

wowza it looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great want to help me do mine now . I am so not motivated to get it done ,but really want it done
before baby !!

~Lachalle ~

Debbie said...

Hey love your room...thanks for sharing. I'm still waiting for Rod to stop doing everyone else's projects and focus on my room! By the way...you should put your SU markers so they are not standing up...it will dry out the one end!

Simply said...

Amazing room! Thanks for showing the clipitup.

Anonymous said...

Well I am finally motivated TODAY !! AND every once in awhile to keep me going .I come here to peek at yours then i keeping trucking along !!!Thanks for the motivation STARR. I still will have a few hundred questions for you yet !! But its the most improvement i have seen in my craft room ever .

~L~

Anonymous said...

Well I am finally motivated TODAY !! AND every once in awhile to keep me going .I come here to peek at yours then i keeping trucking along !!!Thanks for the motivation STARR. I still will have a few hundred questions for you yet !! But its the most improvement i have seen in my craft room ever .

~L~

Lisa said...

OH MY GOD! I am in love with this room. We just finished our basement ... well it is almost done and I get a whole craft nook to myself...I can hardly wait. I never thought to post pictures of it on the blog and it will be very much a work in progress but I am so looking forward to it. I can almost taste it...hubby says I should be able to start moving things in on the weekend.