March 28, 2010

3|28|2010

Had a great weekend together, just the two of us! Checked another date night off our list, went furniture shopping, enjoyed a peaceful Starbucks together, roamed around the book store, sat in the hotel bar...stuff we don't get to do when we bring the kids to Minot. Huge thank you to my parents who looked after the kiddies overnight, we really appreciate it.

Picked up a couple of good reads while we were away. I have been dying to get my hands on a copy of The Pioneer Woman Cookbook....and it was so worth it! I read it all the way home and was inspired by her bio and the yummy eye-candy photographs. I flipped straight to the dessert section knowing it would be good...and it was, already planning to make her Chocolate Layer Cake this week. I have been an avid follower of her blog for years and to now have a bit of her in print on my cookbook shelf, well that's pretty rockin!

No comments: