May 09, 2010

'Week In The Life' Project ROCKED!

Doing my own version of Ali Edwards' 'Week In The Life' project was so rewarding! May 3rd - 9th was when I choose to give this a try and it was so much fun...our whole family joined in and played along. This process was all about capturing those little moments that occur every single day, that we often take for granted. It really slowed down my thoughts about our everyday life and allowed me to recognize things I may not have before.

The first day took a bit of getting used to, remembering the camera, figuring out what to document, using the self timer. But I was hooked on day two, taking way more photos than day one and getting right into showing what represents our daily lives.

I decided to follow Ali's templates for putting the project together. This was my first attempt at digital scrapbooking, and I have to admit, I really enjoyed it! I'm going to place these 8.5 x 11" pages (4 per day of the week) in my Project Life album when finished.

This project was so cool (still coming together, promise to share finished pages once I complete them), I think I'll attempt this twice a year. It will be so interesting to look back on the details of what a Week In The Life is like for our family throughout the years. My only regret is that I didn't start this sooner, it would have been really cool to compare a week from living in the city to now.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Love it Starr!! What a neat keep sake!! I would love to have one to look back on of my childhood.... but no such luck. Keep up the inspiration...you are very talented.