June 29, 2010

6|29|2010


Our house smells like a burnt marshmallow!
This morning we had a bit of a panic.
While I was having a quick shower, I set the kids up with a show to watch on TV.
When I hopped out of the shower, a hysterical Scarlett greeted me.
I eventually understood what she was trying to tell me...
'THE KITCHEN IS SMOKING!!!'
I flew down to the kitchen (in a towel).
After a couple of seconds I realized the smoke was coming from the microwave.
It was actually BILLOWING out of the microwave!
I turned it off, there was no fire, but just alot of smoke damage.
What had happened was, Ace hadn't been feeling good with a fever,
so Scarlett wanted to warm up his snuggly dog for him to cuddle
(it has a removable bean bag tummy which you warm in the microwave).
It was actually sweet what she was trying to do,
but we never let our kids use the microwave,
so it's unfortunate she took it upon herself and it ended in disaster
(as you can see in the photo).
Poor kid, I think she learned her lesson and she was just
devastated about what happened to the puppy.
We are very fortunate we didn't have a fire!

1 comment:

LiaL said...

Oh my gosh! How lucky that the puppy smoked and didn't flame up. And how sweet of Scarlett to try to make her brother feel better!