August 16, 2010

2010|8|16

Official reveal of the baby's room...even though a few of the finishing touches aren't quite complete. I have a few blog readers who have been very patiently waiting for me to share, here it is.

We decided to place the crib in the centre of the room...really liking it. Picked up this tulip crib bedding at Target. The matching curtains arrived and were just a smidge too short. Our neighbor across the street, Arlie, re-hemmed them and now they are perfect. Thank you so much for doing that for us Arlie!
Hung these pom poms above the crib.
This is the first change table we've owned.
Baskets & books on the shelves below.
Moses basket for the baby to sleep in when she's tiny. And a basket of stuffies Ace & Scarlett have gathered for baby to play with.
My absolute favorite part of the room...another dresser given to us by Cory's Grandparents. My Dad painted it pink {thanks Dad!} and I antiqued it with the electric sander. Love, love, love how it turned out!
Scarlett's baby clothes are all washed and ready for her new little sister to wear. The striped sleeper on the left is what we brought Scarlett home from the hospital in.
Old wooden chair I picked up at my favorite antique store, Preserved Petals in Minot. And sitting on the chair, a bunny made at Build-A-Bear.
Basket of baby hats, books & pacifiers.
Little rocking chair picked up at the antique store.
Ladder idea on this wall was lifted from my friend Missy's place, thanks for the great idea. Hope to place photos in each empty spot.

In the next few days I hope to get wooden clouds on the walls, just have to cut and paint them. I'd also like to fancy-up the lampshades...we'll see how much time I have. Then once baby is born I plan to make a banner with her name to hang and clothespin cards she gets from loved ones. This is the most prepared we've EVER been for a baby's arrival!!!

4 comments:

Michelle Z said...

I want to sleep in this room, it is so fabulous!! Your new little daughter is going to love hanging out in this room!! Fabulous job. Are you for hire?

Anonymous said...

The ladder is one of my favorite things in my house. Idea credited to my Mom for finding it in a magazine.
I just LOVE the tulip bedding! MH

Jenny Hill said...

Love it Starr! It is beautiful. I can't beliee how prepared you are - but I guess you have had two practice runs already.

Jara said...

Star, the baby room looks GREAT!! I can't wait to find out what we have so I can decorate our baby room!! ;)

LOVE the ladder idea!!