August 18, 2010

2010|8|18


Today I had my 39 week OBGYN appt. It was very uneventful and a bit disappointing, not what I was expecting since I've been having contractions for at least a week. Found out that my doctor will be away from Sunday till Wednesday next week. This means there is another doctor who delivers in Estevan, but if you need an epidural and/or emergency c-section, it cannot be done there, they would have to send you to Regina (2 hours away). This stresses me...everyone else around me feels confident things will go well, but I of course worry.

So, I came home and researched natural methods of inducing labor. They say eating pineapple helps, and I've been snacking on it since I read up on it. Here's to hoping the baby arrives before (or after) my doctor is on holidays!

3 comments:

Becky H said...

Hi Starr,

Hopefully baby comes soon for your sake. I went overdue with both of my kiddos and that was so, so tough. Each day was an eternity.

I have three different friends who have had acupuncture and went into labour within a day of receiving it. I considered it but didn't know how badly I "really" wanted to go into labour so didn't try it...and didn't end up going into labour for either delivery (c/s for both instead). They were too comfortable in there I guess so I had to evict them!

Sending labour vibes your way!

Anonymous said...

Head up high, girl. I delivered both my boys naturally!!
You will be fine. MH

Nancy said...

I swear by the "wink wink nudge nudge" method.... worked with both my pregnancies!