April 14, 2011

OPHS Grand Opening


This afternoon I attended the grand opening of the new school, Oxbow Prairie Horizons.  The event was very near and dear to my heart as I have been working on the New School Project Fundraising Committee as Secretary ever since we moved here 3 years ago.  We raised over $1.1 million which was used to enhance the school in many ways.  I would like to thank Ian Cushon for acknowledging each one of us who were on this committee, for we worked very hard and put in much of our volunteered time to accomplish this.  It has been a pleasure working along-side the other amazing women on the committee, they have taught me so much an in return I have gained their friendships.  I am so proud to be a part of something that will enhance our community and school years of the students attend this state-of-the-art facility.

It takes a village to raise a child - African Proverb

No comments: