April 23, 2010

4|23|2010


I had been searching for a good granola bar recipe for months. My friend Casi shared this recipe a few weeks ago and I've made two batches already...they're so good they disappear in our house. Made a batch for my crafty friends to try tonight, here's the recipe ~ Enjoy!

GRANOLA BARS
INGREDIENTS
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup corn flakes
1 cup rice krispies
1 cup coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup craisins(or raisins)
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
(I sometimes substitute mini chocolate chips for the dried fruit)

Cream butter and add sugars, beat well. Add vanilla & eggs. Mix together flour, baking soda & salt then add it to creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cornflakes, rice krispies, coconut, almonds, craisins & apricots. Press into a large rectangle, greased & floured cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes (depending on your oven) or until lightly browned on top. Cool before cutting.

1 comment:

Jenny Hill said...

Starr - I have an amazing granola bar recipe - I will try and rememeber to email it to you when I am home.